Apple Pie Cupcakes
How to make Apple Pie Cupcakes
* 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
* 1 1/2 cup store bought apple pie filling
* 1/4 cup all purpose flour
* 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
* 1/4 cup chopped walnuts optional
* 1/4 cup cinnamon baking chips or butterscotch chips
* 1 can 12.4 oz Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls
* icing from the cinnamon rolls package optional
* whipped cream optional
* caramel-flavored syrup optional
Preheat oven to 400F. lightly spray muffin or cupcake tin.
Mix together butter, flour, brown sugar, walnuts, and baking chips. set aside.
Take out 1 1/2 cups of apples from the filling container (i don’t like a ton of the apple sauce that comes in the storebought filling containers…so i separated the apples as much as i could.) chop into small pieces. set aside.
Take each cinnamon roll and flatten into a thin disc. place each in a muffin cup. press them down firmly into each muffin/cupcake cup and try to bring them up the sides as much as possible.
Place a spoonful of apple filling into each cup, top each with the brown sugar/walnut mixture
bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cinnamon rolls are fully cooked.
Take out of the oven and allow to cool slightly before taking out of muffin/cupcake tin
drizzle each with the icing and top with whipped cream and caramel (optional).