How to make Asian Chopped Salad
* 3 cups white cabbage thinly sliced
* 3 cups red cabbage thinly sliced
* 1 medium red bell pepper cut into thin strips
* 1 medium carrot julienne
* 1 cup sugar snap peas chopped
* 3 green onions chopped
* 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
* 1 tbsp sesame seeds
* 1/2 cup cashews toasted and chopped
* 1/2 cup crispy chow mein noodles or wontons
* 4 tbsp sesame oil
* 4 tbsp rice vinegar
* 2 tbsp honey
* 2 tbsp lime juice
* 2 tsp fresh ginger peeled and grated
* 1 tsp salt or added to taste
* 1/2 tsp ground black pepper or added to taste
Roast cashews on a preheated skillet until golden brown. Let them cool down completely. Chop them into small pieces.
Wash and prepare all the vegetables and arrange them in a large bowl.
Sprinkle the salad with chopped cilantro, sesame seeds, noodles and cashews.
For the Asian salad dressing, combine the ingredients together in a jar and shake well.
Pour the dressing over the salad before serving and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.