Bacon Three Cheese Potatoes
How to make Bacon Three Cheese Potatoes
– Bacon. Three cheeses. Potatoes. All of your favorite ingredients in one side dish.
– 4 pounds Russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
– 6 ounces medium Cheddar cheese
– 3 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
– 3 ounces Smoked Mozzarella cheese
– 1 cup milk
– 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon dry mustard
– 1/8 teaspoon paprika
– 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 4 slices bacon cooked crisp and chopped
– 2 tbsp chives or scallions chopped
– Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 2 quart casserole or a 9×9 baking dish. Place dish on a baking sheet and set aside.
– Parboil potatoes in a saucepan over high heat for about 6-8 minutes. Potatoes will still hold their shape and only be partially cooked. Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain well after rinse then place potatoes into the casserole dish.
– Whisk together milk, heavy cream, salt, dry mustard, paprika and pepper. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring milk mixture to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low and add the shredded cheeses. Stir gently and frequently until cheese is melted. Pour melted cheese mixture over the potatoes in the casserole dish.
– Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until lightly browned.
– Remove from oven, sprinkle with bacon and scallions. Serve.