Blueberry Buttermilk Breakfast Cake Recipe
How to make Blueberry Buttermilk Breakfast Cake
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
Zest of 1 lemon
½ cup of sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
½ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees f and butter an 8-inch square pan.
2. In a bowl, whisk softened butter with lemon zest and sugar until fluffy.
3. Add vanilla extract and egg.
4. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder.
5. Coat blueberries with ¼ cup of the flour mixture.
6. Add remaining flour to the butter mixture, alternating with buttermilk.
7. Gently fold in blueberries.
8. Pour batter into pan.
9. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.