How to make Buttermilk Pie
* 1 9-inch pie crust , from scratch or a refrigerated pack of two
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
* 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
* 3 large eggs
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup buttermilk
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place pie crust in a pie plate and crimp edges as desired. Chill while you make the filling.
Whisk the rest of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Place pie crust on a cookie sheet. Fill with filling. Place strips of foil around the edges of the crust or use a pie crust shield.
Place pie in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the top is golden brown (it looks like creme brûlée on top) and only slightly jiggly in the center. Cool completely before slicing.
Store, covered, in refrigerator. It slices easiest when it’s been chilled and tastes delicious cold or room temperature!