Buttermilk Texas Sheet Cake
How to make Buttermilk Texas Sheet Cake
– 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 cups sugar
– 1/2 cup oil
– 1 cup water
– 1 stick butter
– 2 eggs
– 2 tsp. vanilla
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
– 2/3 cup buttermilk
– 6 Tbsp. butter
– 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
– 1/2 cup milk
– 4 to 5 cups powdered sugar
– Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Grease jelly-roll pan and set aside.
– Add the flour and sugar to a large bowl. Mix it up and set it aside.
– Add the oil, butter, and water to a saucepan, turn it on medium-high, and bring it to a boil.
– Pour the boiling oil mixture over the flour and mix until well blended.
– Add the eggs, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla, and buttermilk and mix with a beater until well blended.
– Pour into the jelly-roll pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
Allow cake to cool for at least 30 minutes.
– Add the butter and brown sugar to a sauce pan and cook on medium-high.
– Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until it begins to thicken and the brown sugar dissolves.
– Remove from heat and let it cool for a minute or two.
– Add the milk and mix it in.
– Add the powdered sugar and mix with a beater until it is smooth.
– Pour over the cake and let cool.