Chicken Macaroni Salad
How to make Chicken Macaroni Salad
– 1 lb. boneless chicken breast
– 1 lb elbow macaroni
– 1 1/2 cups Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
– 1 can pineapple chunks 20 oz
– 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 bottle pimiento 6.5 oz chopped
– 1 cup carrot chopped
– 1 piece green bell pepper chopped
– 1 cup raisins
– 1/4 cup sweet relish
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 3 teaspoons salt this will be used when boiling chicken and macaroni, and as a seasoning
– 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
– Water for boiling
– Prepare the chicken. Start to boil the chicken by pouring 1 quart water on a cooking pot over a stove top. Apply heat and let boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt and put the chicken breasts into the pot.
– Cover and boil in medium heat for 22 minutes. Remove chicken from the pot. Let it cool down. Manually shred into pieces and set aside.
– Prepare the macaroni by following package instructions. Boil 3 quarts water in a pot. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Pour the macaroni into the pot. Stir. Cover the pot and continue to boil the macaroni in medium heat for 9 minutes or until al dente.
– Make sure to stir every 3 minutes to prevent the macaroni from sticking to each other. Drain the water. Set macaroni aside.
Arrange Macaroni in a large mixing bowl. Add shredded chicken. Toss.
– Put-in pineapple, pimiento, green bell pepper, raisins, carrot, sweet relish, and cheese. Toss until ingredients are blended.
– Add lady’s Choice Mayonnaise and garlic powder. Gently toss until well blended.
– Season with salt and ground black pepper.
– Serve! Share with the family and enjoy.