CREAMY BEEF AND SHELLS
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY BEEF AND SHELLS
* 8 ounces medium pasta shells
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 2 cups beef stock
* 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
* 3/4 cup heavy cream
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
* 6 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, about 1 1/2 cups
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat. Set aside.
Add onion to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in beef stock and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
Stir in pasta, beef and heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cheese until melted, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.