Creamy Tomato Pasta Bake
How to make Creamy Tomato Pasta Bake
* 1 pound penne or rigatoni
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* ½ onion diced
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* ⅔ cup heavy cream
* 24 ounces marinara sauce or pasta sauce
* 14 ½ ounces petite diced tomatoes drained
* 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
* 2 tablespoons fresh basil or parsley
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Cook pasta in salted water al dente according to the package directions and drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion and cook until tender. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning and cook 1 minute or until fragrant. Add cream, tomatoes and marinara sauce. Simmer 2 minutes.
Place pasta in a 9×13 pan. Add sauce and toss to combine.
Top with shredded cheese and bake 20-25 minutes or until hot and cheese is bubbly.
Remove from the oven, cool 5 minutes and top with fresh herbs.