How to make Drunken Cherries
– This easy recipe soaks maraschino cherries in alcohol and then you dip them in chocolate. The perfect easy treat!
– 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries 24 cherries
– 5 ounces alcohol of choice: amaretto vodka (any flavor; vanilla or cake would be amazing), fireball, etc.
– 5 ounces white chocolate I recommend using almond bark or Candiquik
– 2 Tablespoons sprinkles
– Drain liquid from the jar of cherries. (Tip: reserve the liquid to use for shirley temple drinks or cocktails.)
– Pour alcohol in the jar to fill. Replace cap and soak for at least 24 hours. The longer they soak, the stronger they’ll be.
– Drain the alcohol from the jar. (Tip: reserve it for cocktails!) Strain the cherries, then place them on layers of paper towels and pat dry. You want them as dry as possible before dipping to avoid ruining the chocolate. (Water and chocolate don’t mix.)
– Work in batches: Melt 2 ounces of chocolate in a small bowl. (I like using paper bowls for easy cleanup.) Melt according to package directions. Dip each cherry in the white chocolate, then dip in sprinkles and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill to set. Working in batches of chocolate allows you not to waste any, plus allows for the chocolate to seize from the liquid without ruining the whole batch. Use a new bowl for each batch of chocolate you melt.
– Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.