Easy Blue Cheese Mac and Cheese Recipe
How to make Easy Blue Cheese Mac and Cheese Recipe
– 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
– 4 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
– 5.5 oz. crumbled blue cheese
– 1 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
– 1 sleeve Saltine crackers (crushed)
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 2-2.5 tablespoons flour
– Start by cooking the macaroni until it’s al dente. While the macaroni is cooking, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
– The next step is to make a roux. To do this, simply melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make the roux, about 2-2.5 tablespoons. After the flour and butter are well combined, slowly stir in the entire can of evaporated milk. Let the milk mixture heat up a bit, then slowly add 2.5-3 cups of the shredded sharp white cheddar cheese, and about 3/4 of the blue cheese, stirring continuously so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the saucepan. Continue cooking until all of the cheese is melted.
– Drain the water out of the macaroni and dump it into an 8×8 casserole dish. Then, pour your melted cheese mixture over the macaroni, and stir it all together, making sure that every piece of macaroni gets covered with the cheese mixture.
– Next, sprinkle the crushed Saltine crackers evenly over the macaroni.
– Then, sprinkle the remaining shredded sharp cheddar cheese and blue cheese over the Saltine crackers.
– Top the macaroni with a few small pieces of butter.
– Cover the macaroni with aluminum foil and cook at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
– Remove the aluminum foil, and cook for another 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the Saltine crackers have turned golden brown.