Easy Peach Pineapple Freezer Jam
How to make Peach Pineapple Freezer Jam
– When summer fruits begin to arrive in such abundance, it seems unthinkable to miss the opportunity to save some of their deliciousness to enjoy later in the year. Easy Peach Pineapple
– Freezer Jam taste like sunshine. Although I enjoy canning like many of you, my schedule doesn’t always permit the amount of time it requires for the classic canning process. If you have the time, it’s worth it without a doubt. I can vividly remember jar after jar of canned goods in every variety being prepared by my Mom and her Mother before her. Vegetables and fruits that not only came in handy during the cold winter months, but were so incredibly good and good for you, too.
– 4 cup granulated sugar
– 12 Tbsp instant pectin
– 4 cups peaches peeled pitted and finely chopped [Approximately 8 medium]
– 2 cup fresh pineapple ½-inch chunks
– 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
– 1 Tbsp lemon zest
– ¼ tsp pure almond extract
– 6 oz jars or plastic freezer containers
– In a clean medium size bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and pectin.
– Pulse the peach and pineapple chunks in a food processor until finely chopped.
– Add the chopped peaches,pineapple chunks, lemon juice, lemon zest and pure almond extract.
– Stir for 3 minutes until the sugar has completely dissolved. Let stand for 10 minutes.
– Ladle into the clean jars or plastic containers leaving ½-inch of head space. Wipe clean and seal tightly.
– Let sit for 24 hours on the counter.
– Use immediately storing chilled for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year.