How to make Grilled Pineapple
– Indulge your BBQ guests with a sweet treat: yummy Grilled Pineapple. This quick, easy recipe is the perfect finish to your summer spread.
– 1 ripe pineapple
– ⅔ cup brown sugar lightly packed
– ¼ cup (½ stick) salted butter melted
– 3 tbsp lime juice about two small limes
– ¾ tsp coconut extract
– 2 tsp flaky sea salt
– Optional toppings: lime zest, vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce
– Preheat grill to medium heat (300-350 degrees F).
– Peel, core, and slice the pineapple into ½ inch rings. I was able to cut 12 rings from my pineapple, but the exact amount may vary depending on the size of the pineapple.
– Whisk the brown sugar, salted butter, lime juice, and coconut extract together in a medium sized bowl.
– Brush the pineapple on both sides with the brown sugar mixture. Sprinkle on flaky sea salt.
– Grill pineapple for 2-3 minutes on each side.
– Plate and serve warm.
– Whatever leftovers you have can be placed in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze this pineapple for about 6 months. It would be great as a tasty frozen treat on a hot day.
– If you don’t have a grill, you can use a grill plate or a saucepan on the stove top and cook each pineapple slice over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.