How to make Kool-Aid Sherbet
– Easy Kool-Aid Sherbet recipe is a delicious frozen treat that is made with only three ingredients! You can make strawberry sherbet, orange sherbet, watermelon sherbet – any flavor you want!
– Easy Kool-Aid Sherbet has become a favorite treat around my house now that summer is finally here! When it’s hot outside, nothing cools you off better than a frozen treat, and if your kids are anything like mine, they are constantly begging for something cold, whether it be a cold drink, a popsicle, or an ice cream cone.
– There are many other homemade sherbet recipes out there, but one of the main reasons I love this recipe so much is that it is SO simple – your kids can even help make it! All it takes it three ingredients, some stirring, some freezing, some scooping, and some enjoying! My kids have loved getting to pick out and try all of their favorite flavors – so far, watermelon is our favorite!
– 1 pkg Kool-Aid mix any flavor
– 1 cup sugar
– 3 cups milk I used 1% because that’s what we usually have, but I’m sure any kind would work
– In a large bowl, whisk together all three ingredients until sugar and Kool-Aid mix is dissolved. – Pour into a shallow dish, cover and then place in the freezer for about 2 hours, or until mostly set.
– Place the partially frozen sherbet back in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Refreeze in the covered, shallow container until set (at least a few hours, I freeze mine overnight). Set the sherbet out about 10-15 minutes prior to serving to make it easier to scoop.