Lemon Curd Cookies
Ooooh…pure perfection !! The combination of ingredients makes a perfect homemade lemon curd cookies !! Definitely a keeper !!
All-purpose flour: 2 (plus 1/2 C)
Unsalted butter: 1 C. (softened)
Lemon Curd: 1 C.
Granulated white sugar: 1/2 C.
Egg yolks: 2 large
Grated lemon-zest: 1 Tb.
Fresh lemon juice: 1
Salt: 1/2 t.
LET’S MAKE IT :
1. In the beginning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line two plates with parchment or non-stick liners baking sheets.
2. Then beat the butter and sugar in a big bowl of a stand mixer until well mixed.
3. You’ll want to add the yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt to the mixture and beat again for about 2 minutes just until moist clumps form beat in the flour.
4. Afterwards, gather the dough together in a bowl to bind.
5. Form meager teaspoons of dough using 1-inch balls and place balls spaced 1 inch apart on prepared plates.
6. You should make an indentation in the middle of the balls using a floured finger or something that will give a nice circular shape.
7. And please bake the cookies for 20 minutes, or until the bottom is firm and softly brown.
8. Once done, remove the cookies from the oven and fill the indentations with curd immediately.
9. It’s wise to return to the oven and bake for 2 minutes more to set the curd. Make sure to bake the leftover balls.
10. Alright now, gently sprinkle edges with confectioners’ sugar for serving.