ONE POT MEXICAN SKILLET PASTA
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN SKILLET PASTA
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 pound ground turkey
* 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
* 2 cups salsa, homemade or store-bought
* 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
* 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
* 1 Roma tomato, diced
* 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
* 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
* 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
Stir in pasta, salsa, chicken broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
Stir in tomato, corn and black beans, and gently toss to combine. Stir in cheese until melted through, about 1-2 minutes.
Serve immediately, topped with avocado and cilantro.