One Skillet Asparagus Stuffed Parmesan Chicken
How to make One Skillet Asparagus Stuffed Parmesan Chicken
* 1 1/2 cups fresh bread croutons
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
* 4 large slices mozzarella cheese 1/8 inch thick
* 12–16 stalks asparagus
* 1 egg beaten
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* Optional: marinara sauce
In mini food processor or large Ziploc bag crumble croutons. Add oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Pulse or shake to mix. Pour in shallow bowl.
Pound chicken to 1/8 inch thick. Place 1 slice of mozzarella, 1 tablespoon Parmesan and 3-4 stalks of asparagus on each piece. Roll up lengthwise and secure with toothpicks.
Place beaten egg in shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg and roll in bread crumbs.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat olive oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken on all sides. Cook chicken in oven for 10 minutes uncovered or until cooked through. If serving with marinara; warm marinara and drizzle over the top.