PASTA E FAGIOLI
HOW TO MAKE PASTA E FAGIOLI
* 1 lb Italian Sausage
* 1 small onion chopped
* 2 carrots chopped
* 2 stalks celery chopped
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* ½ teaspoon dried oregano
* ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
* ½ teaspoon dried basil
* ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
* ½ teaspoon onion powder
* 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
* 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
* 1 (15.5 ounce) can red kidney beans
* 1 (15.5 ounce) can great northern beans
* 3 tablespoons tomato paste
* 1 cup Ditalini pasta
* Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Brown Italian sausage over medium heat in a dutch oven or heavy stockpot. About halfway through the browning process add onions, carrots and celery. Once fully browned reduce heat to low. Add garlic, oregano, marjoram, basil, thyme leaves and onion powder. Cook for 1 minute; stirring constantly.
Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, kidney beans and great northern beans. Simmer for 10 minutes; stirring several times.
Remove 2/3 cup of hot broth and whisk with tomato paste. Add it back to the soup and simmer for 5 minutes; stirring several times.
Add pasta and cook until tender; approximately 10 minutes. If desired serve with 1-2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan Cheese per bowl.