How to make Pierogi Casserole
* 2 teaspoons butter
* 1 onion diced
* 1 can cream of mushroom soup
* 1 ½ cups milk or ¾ cup *see note
* ½ teaspoon garlic powder
* 2 bags frozen pierogies about 28 pierogies, 2 bags
* 1 ½ cup ham cooked and diced
* 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
* 1 Tablespoon fresh dill or parsley, for garnish, optional
* sour cream optional
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 pan.
In a medium skillet, melt butter on medium low. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix mushroom soup, milk, and garlic powder until smooth. Set aside.
Add pierogies to the casserole dish, arranging them carefully without overlapping. Sprinkle with cooked onion and ham.
Pour soup mixture over the entire pan, spreading to cover evenly. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 1 hour. Garnish with fresh dill or parsley if desired. Serve with sour cream or your favorite pierogi garnishes.
*If you prefer less sauce, reduce milk to ¾ cup.