How to make Ribeye Steak
– 4 (1 ½-inch thick) boneless rib-eye steaks (about 2 ½ pounds total|1.1 kilograms)
– kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– ½ cup|120 ml canola oil
– 16 tablespoons|2 sticks unsalted butter
– 12 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
– 2 bunches thyme
– Season the steaks all over with salt.
– Working in batches, heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until the oil just begins to smoke.
– Add 2 steaks and cook, flipping once, until well browned on both sides, about 6 minutes.
– Add in 4 tablespoons of butter, 4 cloves of garlic, and ⅓ of the thyme and cook, basting the steaks with the butter, until medium-rare, about 2 to 3 more minutes.
– Transfer cooked steaks to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and set aside in a warm spot.
– Repeat the process with remaining oil and steaks, 4 cloves of garlic, and another ⅓ of the thyme. Let the steaks rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
– In a small saucepan, melt the remaining 8 tablespoons of butter with the remaining 4 cloves of garlic and the thyme. Cook until the butter is well flavored, about 3 to 4 minutes.
– To serve, divide steak between plates. Spoon butter and garlic sauce over the steaks and season with salt and pepper. Serve with power potatoes.