Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls
How to make Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls
– 1 head of cabbage
– 1 lbs ground meat
– 1 medium diced onion
– 3 cloves garlic
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 1 tsp black pepper
– 2 eggs
– 1 jar tomato sauce
– 1 cup uncooked rice
– 1/2 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
– Cut approx 1/4 inch off the bottom of the cabbage head and place the whole head in boiling water. Then boil about 2 minutes. Peel off the leaves as they soften. This goes pretty quick.
– Place remaining head back in the boiling water and repeat until you have at least 8 large cabbage leaves.
– (You can freeze cabbage then thaw and skip the boiling part. We just need the leaves soft enough to roll)
– In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ground pork, uncooked rice, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, garlic powder, pepper, salt, onion.
– Stir in egg and combine well.
– Whisk together tomato sauce, paprika and Worcestershire sauce in another bowl.
– Place 1/4 cup meat mixture in center of leaf and roll up like a burrito.
– Pour enough sauce to cover the bottom of your slow cooker.
– Place cabbage rolls seam side down in slow cooker, in two layers so they are touching but not over crowded either.
– Mix all sauce ingredients together and pour over rolls.
– Cook on high for four hours or low for 8 hours.