How to make Spicy Peanut Soba Noodle Salad
– This Spicy Peanut Soba Noodle Salad features red peppers, cabbage, chicken, soba noodles, and a quick homemade spicy peanut sauce. Salads don’t get much yummier than this.
For the Spicy Peanut Sauce:
– 5 tablespoons peanut butter
– 5 tablespoons water
– 5 tablespoons soy sauce, or tamari for gluten free
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil (optional – for flavor)
– 2 tablespoons honey
– juice of 1 lime
– 1 clove garlic
– 1/4 cup chili sauce like sriracha (more or less depending on spice tolerance)
– 1/2 cup peanuts
For the Salad:
– 1 lb. chicken breast
– 1 red bell pepper
– 3–4 cups chopped purple cabbage
– 10 ounces soba noodles
– Fresh cilantro or basil to taste
– Crushed peanuts for topping
– Spicy Peanut Sauce: Puree sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender. Add the peanuts last so you can control how chunky it is (I like to leave it a little more on the chunky side).
– Chicken: Cook the chicken in a skillet over medium high heat. Season with salt and pepper. When the chicken is cooked through, set aside until cool enough to handle and shred the meat.
– Vegetables: Chop the red pepper, cabbage, and cilantro to your desired size for the salad.
– Noodles: Cook the noodles according to package directions (usually just boiling for a few minutes).
– Assemble: Toss everything together with enough dressing to generously coat everything. Serve hot or cold!