The BEST Grilled Chicken Shawarma
How to make Grilled Chicken Shawarma
– This juicy, tender Grilled Chicken Shawarma is wonderful on its own, in wraps, sliced thin in sandwiches and it’s super delicious in salads.
For the chicken:
– 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
For the wet rub:
– 1 ½ tablespoons dark brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon ground coriander
– 2 teaspoons ground cumin
– 2 teaspoons kosher salt
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
– ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
– ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon chili powder
– 5 medium cloves finely minced fresh garlic
– 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
– 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– Line a sheet pan with foil or plastic wrap for easy cleanup. Lay chicken out on prepared pan.
– Combine all rub ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Stir well to make a wet paste.
– With your hands, coat the chicken on all sides with the rub, cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
– Prepare a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Oil grill grates to prevent sticking.
– Grill until all sides are golden, charred with nice grill marks. Turn every couple minutes, about 8-10 minutes per side. Internal temperature should be 165˚F.
– Enjoy with Turkish Flatbread and/or Turkish Tomato Cucumber Salad!