Cracker Barrel’s Hash Brown Casserole
How to make Cracker Barrel’s Hash Brown Casserole
– This Hashbrown Casserole tastes just like the Cracker Barrel version and is so easy to throw together and serve with breakfast, or even dinner. (Plus, leftovers are freezer friendly!)
– 32 oz. frozen hash browns, thawed*
– 1 stick butter, melted
– 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup, (cream of cheddar works too)
– 16 oz. sour cream
– 1 small onion, finely diced
– 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
– 1/3 teaspoon pepper
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Ensure that your hash browns have thawed. (Otherwise they take a very long time to bake.) You can defrost them in the microwave to speed up this process.
– Pat them dry of excess water.
– Set ½ cup of cheddar cheese aside.
– Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
– Place it in a greased 9×13 casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
– Bake for 35 minutes, uncovered.
– Increase heat to 375 and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until the top begins to crisp and brown slightly.
– Remove from the oven, let it sit for 10 minutes, and serve!