Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
How to cook Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
– 1 pound lean ground beef
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 small yellow onion diced
– 1 small green bell pepper diced
– 8 ounces brown mushrooms minced
– 2 tablespoons ketchup
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
– 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 1 cup beef broth
– 8 ounces Provolone Cheese Slices chopped (use 6oz if you don’t want it very cheesy)
– 6 brioche hamburger buns
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
– Add the ground beef to a large cast iron skillet (this browns very well) and brown until a deep brown crust appears before breaking the beef apart.
– Stir the ground beef and brown until a deep crust appears on about 50 or so percent of the beef.
– Remove the beef (you can leave the fat) and add the butter and the onions and bell peppers and mushrooms.
– Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
– Add the beef back into the pan.
– In a small cup mix the beef broth and cornstarch together
– Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, beef broth/cornstarch mixture into the pan.
– Cook until the mixture is only slightly liquidy (about 75% of the mixture is above liquid), 3-5 minutes.
– Turn off the heat, add in the provolone cheese.
– Served on toasted brioche buns.