Spicy Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers
How to make Spicy Mexican Stuffed Bell Peppers
* 4 bell peppers halved with seeds removed
* 1 lb ground beef
* 2-3 tablespoons Mexican spice mix or taco seasoning adjust to taste
* 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans or 1 can rinsed and drained
* 2 ears corn kernels removed or 1 1/2 cups canned or frozen corn
* 1 bunch of green onions sliced thinly, dark green tops reserved for garnish
* 2 cups freshly shredded Pepperjack or Monterey Jack cheese
* 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped small
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, season it with Mexican spices while it is cooking. Start with just 2 tablespoons of the spices and wait to add more after the rest of the ingredients are combined and you have tasted it. Adjust the amount of spices according to your heat level preference.
When the meat has browned add the beans, corn, and the white and light green portions of the sliced green onions. Stir to combine. Add half the cheese and stir once more.
Place the bell pepper halves on a large sheet pan and then scoop the beef mixture into the bell pepper halves. Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
Remove from the oven, uncover and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle with remaining green onions and cilantro before serving. Enjoy!