Spicy Southern Hot Corn
How to make Spicy Southern Hot Corn
* 3.5 cups corn (fresh, canned, or frozen)
* 1/2 large red bell pepper diced
* 2 fresh jalapeno peppers diced (seeds/veins removed)
* 3-4 TBSP diced pickled jalapeno peppers plus extra to taste
* 2.5 TBSP butter
* 4 oz cream cheese
* 1/4 tsp paprika (regular, not smoked)
* 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
* salt and pepper to taste
* hot sauce
* extra cheese for topping
* extra jalapeños for a fiery kick!
* spicy green salsa see note below
* cilantro or parsley for topping
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Thaw corn if using frozen.
Chop all your veggies and set aside.
For tender peppers, feel free to sauté your bell peppers and fresh jalapeño to soften.
In a medium saucepan, combine butter and cream cheese.
Heat burner to medium to melt, stirring often until smooth and creamy.
Add your corn, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, and pickled jalapeños.
Season with paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.
Stir in 1/2-3/4 cup of cheddar cheese and stir until fully melted.
Pour into a casserole dish and top with remaining cheddar.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly!